Friday, May 17, 2013

gisborne training camp

Went to gisborne so that Diane's mum could met the newest addition to the family and have a 5th generation photo done,






 I used the opportunity for a training camp.


Day one I rode from Hamilton to te puke. (132km)
http://app.strava.com/activities/54541730 I left Hamilton in thick fog and 2 degrees showing on the garmin! The good thing about fog is that it equals no wind so made good time to the base of the kaimais when the fog cleared.
The sun came out as I started the big climb of the day which made things much more pleasant.
Rolled into Te Puke to meet Diane and Annie and devoured a bread roll and a custard pie!

Day 2 dawned calm,cool and foggy!

http://app.strava.com/activities/54541711  (112 KM) Went on a loop of the poverty bay flats with a few detours to take in some hills. The hills here are longer but not as steep as at home so it made a nice change to get into a good rhythm. The climb up into Waimata valley led into a great section of rolling short climbs.


The sun came out and highlighted the great display that mother nature puts on at this time of year
Sure makes riding enjoyable.

DAY 3 
Tiniroto (104km)

http://app.strava.com/activities/54541699

A ride to tiniroto was on the plan today, A 10k climb to the top of Gentle Annie led into some of the best riding in this area. Hardly a flat bit of road but no traffic!




Another 4 hours out on the bike and starting to feel really strong,only 6 weeks till I head to france so am pleased with my efforts. Just ticked over 4500km since febuary so gotta be pleased with that.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow Steve you are inspiration

Susan said...

Wow Steve you are inspiration

Unknown said...

No Susan YOU are an inspiration for me. since your diagnosis I think of you often while I am riding. I also think of what lance Armstrong said re pain and giving up. 'PAIN IS TEMPORARY, QUITTING LASTS FOREVER" stay strong Sue.