Saturday, May 4, 2013

Another new family member

Great excitement this month with the arrival of Kobe our great grandson. Ashley and Michael will make great parents and we are really proud of them.
 
 
 
Diane missed the birth as she was in Brisbane at the time but thanks to Sara(nana doole) they had lots of support leading up to the birth and Tash made it from gisborne  in time to be there even though she did get a speeding ticket on the way!
 
 
 
Spent a day in the Waikato this week and picked a perfect day for a ride! started out on the main road from Hamilton to Cambridge and took a look at the new velodrome/cycle centre on the way, going to be a great asset for cycling in new Zealand.
turned inland at Cambridge and headed for morrinsville. As the sun rose it got warmer and as I went along this bit of road it reminded me of being in the Loire valley in 2009. just minus the heat!
I went on the scotsmans valley road next ,this road has short sharp climbs that can be attacked in the big ring so I treated them as intervals,great stuff!.By this stage I was 60k into it and the day was getting better,no wind and blue skys.what more could you ask for.
These roads brought back so many memories, it was here that I developed my love for the bike.i sure miss this area.
After morrinsville a quick blast up tauhei road then completed my Waikato loop on gordonton road giving me 118k for the day. life was good to me today.
 

No comments: